American metalcore band, Oh, Sleeper, is excited to be exclusively premiering the third single "The Island," coming off of their forthcoming record, Bloodied/Unbowed, today, via Alternative Press. Give it a listen here.
Bloodied/Unbowed is slated to be released July 19, 2019, via Tooth & Nail Records. This will be the band's first full-length record in almost a decade. The album follows the concept of their previous release, The Titan, and is laid out like a book - every song a chapter in the story from start to finish. It follows two characters as they suffer cataclysmic changes, forcing them apart and through their own personal crucibles before finding their way back to each other bloodied, but unbowed, determined to grow to be what they were born to be.
On the single, lead vocalist Micah Kinard shares, "'The Island'" follows one of the main characters as they seize control of their path and ignore all callings and passions placed on their heart in an effort to become exactly what they believe the outside world has described to them as a 'success.' They shut out everything that once made them burn with passion and experience - a world without inner fire."
In support of the upcoming record, the band will be hitting the road for a headlining tour with support from Famous Last Words, Convictions and Empty, running from July 16th to August 13th. Following that, Oh, Sleeper will be supporting Hawthorne Heights on their upcoming 15th anniversary tour, from August 15th to August 28th. For a full list of dates, please see below or here.
Oh, Sleeper is an American metalcore band that forged themselves in 2006, creating a dark tech-metal sound that would define the genre for years to come with pioneering guitar work, captivating lyrics, soaring vocals, and devastating breakdowns. In over a decade's span, Oh, Sleeper has released three full-length albums (Solid State Records), 2 EPs, and toured world-wide alongside genre giants Bring Me The Horizon, Underoath, August Burns Red, Every Time I Die, The Devil Wears Prada and many many more. After independently releasing their EP The Titan and being featured on the full Vans Warped Tour in 2013, Oh, Sleeper took a step back to allow clean vocalist and lead guitarist Shane Blay to form California based rock/metal band Wovenwar with members of fellow American metalcore act, As I Lay Dying.
Now, Oh, Sleeper is back and more powerful than ever. With long-standing drummer Zac Mayfield and founders Micah Kinard and Shane Blay, Oh, Sleeper is gearing up for their fourth full-length album release and most mature effort. Bloodied/Unbowed is a sonic testament encapsulating the turbulence of their last 6 years and near break-up of the band. Kinard shares, "We've never spent more time writing, scrapping, rewriting, and perfecting an album in our history as a band and we couldn't be more proud of it. Bloodied/Unbowed is proof that we can and will continue, not just as we were, but better than we've ever been."
Bloodied/Unbowed is set to release July 19, 2019. For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/ohsleeper.
- Let It Wave
- Decimation & Burial
- Of Bane & Disease
- Two Ships
- The Island
- Pulse Over Throne
- The Summit
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- July 16 - Little Rock, AR @ Rev Room
- July 17 - Ringgold, GA @ Cloud Springs Deli
- July 18 - Jacksonville, FL @ 1904
- July 19 - Margate, FL @ O'Malley's
- July 20 - Ocala, FL @ Rock House
- July 21 - Columbia, SC @ New Brookland Tavern
- July 22 - Charlotte, NC @ Amos
- July 23 - Richmond, VA @ Canal Club
- July 24 - Frederick, MD @ Cafe 611
- July 25 - Philadelphia, PA @ Voltage Lounge
- July 26 - Brooklyn, NY @ Kingsland
- July 27 - Manchester, NH @ Bungalow
- July 28 - Providence, RI @ Fete Music Hall
- July 29 - Montreal, QC @ Piranha Bar
- July 30 - Quebec City, QC @ L'Anti
- Aug 01 - Ottawa, ON @ Mavericks
- Aug 02 - London, ON @ Call the Office
- Aug 03 - Toronto, ON @ Rockpile West
- Aug 04 - Ferndale, MI @ The Loving Touch
- Aug 05 - Madison, WI @ The Annex
- Aug 06 - Burnsville, MN @ The Garage
- Aug 07 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Icon Lounge
- Aug 09 - Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
- Aug 11 - Spokane, WA @ The Pin
- Aug 12 - Seattle, WA @ Funhouse @ El Corazon
- Aug 13 - Portland, OR @ Paris Theatre
- Aug 15 - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst*
- Aug 16 - West Hollywood, CA @ The Roxy Theatre*
- Aug 17 - Garden Grove, CA @ Garden Amphitheater*
- Aug 18 - San Diego, CA @ The Irenic*
- Aug 19 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk*
- Aug 20 - Fresno, CA @ Full Circle Brewery*
- Aug 21 - Las Vegas, NV @ Backstage Bar*
- Aug 22 - Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom*
- Aug 23 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater*
- Aug 24 - Lubbock, TX @ Jake's Backroom*
- Aug 25 - Dallas, TX @ Trees*
- Aug 26 - Austin, TX @ The Garage at Empire*
- Aug 27 - Houston, TX @ Scout Bar*
- Aug 28 - San Antonio, TX @ Paper Tiger*
*supporting Hawthorne Heights
Oh Sleeper is Micah Kinard (vocals), Shane Bay (guitar/vocals), and Zac Mayfield (drums).
For more information on Oh, Sleeper: