American Idol finalist and Christian recording artist Jason Castro, was born Jason Rene Castro on March 25, 1987 in Rockwall, Texas.
Originally signed to Atlantic, Jason moved to Word for his Christian release.
Married to Mandy Mayhall on January 2, 2011, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Madeline, in August of 2011.
Jason Castro Notable Quotes:
- - "In the end, it will all be ok. If it's not ok, then it's not the end!" )from buddytv.com)
- - "It didn't happen overnight, but I decided to turn my efforts over to God. And it's been a joy to see how God has been faithful and that there was definitely a plan." (from an interview with Cicely Gosier, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association)
- - "Getting married, having kids — that really forces you to look at yourself and see what you're all about. In that, there is a bit of a struggle — it's who I want to be versus who I am." (from an interview with USA Today)
Jason Castro Trivia
- - He proposed to Mandy on Halloween while the couple were dressed as characters from Beauty and the Beast.
- - Jason was the third-place runner-up in the seventh season of American Idol.
- - Castro was the first "Idol" contestant to play an instrument on the stage.
- - He and his two siblings are the first generation of his family to be born in the U.S.
Jason Castro Discography:
- - Only A Mountain, 2013
- - Who I Am, 2010
- - Jason Castro, 2010
Essential Jason Castro
Jason Castro Online