'Bad Boys 3' Movie 'Getting Close' Reveals Martin Lawrence, Will Smith On Board As Well?
It's been over a decade since Bad Boys II came out and it looks likes a Bad Boys III is in the works.
Martin Lawrence stopped by the "Conan" show on TBS Wednesday night and revealed that a third Bad Boys movie is in development. "I just talked to [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said it's real, they're working on the script, they're getting close, and it all looks good," the 49-year-old actor shared.
Lawrence, who played Marcus Burnett alongside Will Smith (Mike Lowrey) in 1995's Bad Boys and 2003's Bad Boys II, did not reveal if Smith was on board for the new movie. We can imagine the movie would be made (let alone have box office success) without Smith involved though, so we are leaning that Smith will commit.
When Conan O'Brien asked about walk-on role in the film however, Lawrence did say, " I will mention it to will smith and Jerry Bruckheimer that Conan wants a cameo," so thats a pretty good hint Will Smith is involved.
"We wanna cast you in it," he said to Conan. "You know what you could play? A crooked cop on crack." Conan laughed and shouted, "Yes! I think I was born to play that."
Earlier in 2014, Bruckheimer revealed difficulties of a third Bad Boys movie happening. "It's so funny because we'll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, 'Well, maybe it's not the time for this.' And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they're all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It's just trying to get everybody together to make it," he told Collider. "But, we're working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we'll do it."
Lawrence teased the highly anticipated new film on his Twitter in July, celebrating the 11-year anniversary of Bad Boys II.
- Martin Lawrence (@realmartymar)