The autopsy results are out. Christian music rapper TobyMac's oldest son Truett Foster McKeehan had died of an accidental overdose of drugs, namely fentanyl and amphetamines. McKeehan died suddenly on Oct. 23. The Davidson County Medical Examiner's office confirmed that medics responded to a cardiac arrest call at the family's Tennessee home. He was 21. Just one week earlier, the aspiring artist performed his first solo gig, which his father proudly attended.
A representative for TobyMac today confirms to People the presence of two drugs in Truett's system. "Acute combined drug intoxication," was listed as the cause of death on the documents, with "fentanyl" and "amphetamine" noted as the drugs that caused his untimely passing.
Under the pathological diagnoses in the report exclusively obtained by Radar Online, Truett had "a history of drug and alcohol abuse and possible use of nitrous oxide." During the autopsy, the medical examiner took notes that his body was "in an early state of decomposition," had "multiple small healing scars" as well as a "dusky brain."
In a statement, TobyMac said his son "had joy that took the room when he entered. He was a magnetic son and brother and friend. If you met him you knew him, you remembered him. His smile, his laugh, the encouragement he offered with words or even without. He had an untamable grand personality and dreams to match."
Truett had been following in his famous father's footsteps, and was an aspiring Christian rapper. He went by the names Truett Foster, TRU, Shiloh and truDog online and collaborated with his dad on a few tracks.
TobyMac and his wife Amanda Levy McKeehan set up a foundation in honor of their son, the Truett Foster Foundation, which aims to raise funds to help kids seeking a career in music.