Partnering with Gaither Music, country music superstar Alan Jackson will be re-releasing his Christmas release "Let It Be Christmas." Originally released in 2002 by Arista Records, the album peaked at #27 on the U.S. Billboard 200, and peaked at #6 on the Top Country Albums. In January 2003, "Let It Be Christmas" was certified Gold by the RIAA.
Unlike his first album of Christmas music (1993's Honky Tonk Christmas), this one is composed mainly of renditions of traditional Christmas music. The title track, one of two Christmas songs composed by Jackson, was a Top 40 hit for Jackson on the Hot Country Songs charts.
Jackson's unmistakable voice rounds out nostalgic renditions of "White Christmas," "Silent Night," "The Christmas Song" and more with this timeless collection of holiday classics. This two-time GRAMMY® Award winner's down-home style creates a country Christmas soundtrack that will inspire listeners with messages of hope and love during this special time of year.
1. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin) - 2:58
2. "Winter Wonderland" (Felix Bernard, Dick Smith) - 2:18
3. "O Come All Ye Faithful" (Frederick Oakeley, John Francis Wade) - 3:18
4. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" (J. Fred Coots, Haven Gillespie) - 2:42
5. "The Christmas Song" (Mel Tormé, Robert Wells) - 3:52
6. "Silent Night" (Franz Gruber, Joseph Mohr) - 3:47
7. "Let It Be Christmas" (Alan Jackson) - 4:11
8. "Jingle Bells" (J. S. Pierpont) - 2:50
9. "White Christmas" (Irving Berlin) - 3:19
10. "Silver Bells" (Ray Evans, Jay Livingston) - 3:36
11. "Away in a Manger" (James Ramsey Murray, John Thomas McFarland) - 2:49
Alan Jackson is one of the most successful and respected singer-songwriters in music. Jackson has sold nearly 60-million albums worldwide, topped the country singles charts 35 times, and scored more than 50 Top-10 hits. He is a 17-time ACM Award winner, a 16-time CMA Award recipient, and a two-time Grammy-honored artist whose songwriting has earned him the prestigious ASCAP Founders Award and an induction into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame as a 2011 Songwriter/Artist inductee. Jackson has written or co-written 24 of his 35 #1 hit singles, placing him in the elite company of Paul McCartney and John Lennon among songwriters who've written more than 20 songs that they've recorded and taken to the top of the charts.