Randy Stonehill, one of the pioneering forefathers of CCM, was born Randall Evan Stonehill on March 12, 1952, in San Jose, California.
Formerly signed to Myrrh Records and Brentwood Records, Stonehill is now an independent artist.
Married to Leslie, he was married first to Sarah Mae Finch then to Sandra Jean Warner, whom he was with for nearly 30 years. He has one child - a daughter named Heather, who was the product of his marriage to Sandi.
- - While talking about fans putting Christian artists on a pedestal, Randy said, "It's born out of a need for heroes. And though you can say, well God is holy and he loves you, in our subconscious we're saying, 'Yeah, but can I have a hero with skin wrapped around it?'" from Crossrhythms interview
- - "I just think that people who have trouble with some of the diversity and nuance of a songwriter are being a bit linear in their vision and that it deflates the power of the gospel message to use (the Name of Jesus) so frequently. It just becomes the period at the end of the sentence." from Joyjunction interview
- - He started StreetLevel Records in 1994. The company shut its doors in 1998.
- - Randy made his film acting debut in The Blob sequel, Beware! The Blob
- - Pat Boone financed his first album at the cost of $800.
- - Stonehill won his first talent contest at the age of 13, three years after learning to play guitar. He formed his first band two years later.
- - Breath of God, 2012 with Buck Storm
- - Spirit Walk, 2011
- - Paradise Sky, 2008
- - Touchstone, 2007
- - The Definitive Collection, 2007
- - Live At Greenbelt, 2005
- - Decade, 2003
- - Edge of the World, 2002
- - Uncle Stonehill's Hat (Childrens Album), 2001
- - Thirst, 1998
- - Our ReCollections, 1996
- - Lazarus Heart, 1994
- - Stories, 1993
- - Wonderama, 1991
- - Until We Have Wings, 1990
- - Return To Paradise, 1989
- - Can't Buy a Miracle, 1988
- - The Wild Frontier, 1986
- - Love Beyond Reason, 1985
- - Stonehill EP, 1984
- - Celebrate This Heartbeat, 1984
- - Equator, 1983
- - Between the Glory and the Flame, 1981
- - The Sky Is Falling, 1980
- - Welcome To Paradise, 1976
- - Get Me Out of Hollywood, 1973
- - Born Twice, 1971
- - 1998 - Children's Music Album of the Year - Sing Me to Sleep Daddy