Nichole Nordeman was born Nichole Ellyse Nordeman on January 3, 1972 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Signed to Sparrow Records, she was one of the driving forces behind The Story.
Married to Errol Ingram in , the couple has two children - Charlie and Paige.
Nichole Nordeman Notable Quotes:
- - "I'm just never going to be that person who has the script or the really organized outline of how to share my faith."
- - "Off the road, a typical day for me is probably like any mom. I’m doing lots of laundry and trying to figure out what to make my family for dinner and maybe finding time to read a book after everybody has gone to bed. Or in my case, maybe I will do some songwriting -- it’s finding those tiny moments just to myself or just with myself and God. That’s my life in a nutshell. It’s not nearly as exciting as people think it is." (from an interview with CBN)
- - "I think there's a big yawn sometimes when we hear the same old sermons, same old stories, same old bullet points. We tend to view Scripture as this static thing, and not as a living, breathing thing that has a lot to teach us when we're ready to be taught." (from an interview with CBN)
Nichole Nordeman Trivia
- - She worked as a waitress in Los Angeles before getting into music professionally.
- - Winning the Gospel Music Association's Academy of Gospel Music Arts contest is what brought her to the attention of record labels.
- - In 2007, she was on the cover of CCM Magazine as a "split" person - one half of the picture was the airbrushed and perfect her and the other half was the real her.
Nichole Nordeman Discography:
- - The Ultimate Collection, 2009
- - Greatest Hits, 2008
- - Recollection: The Best of Nichole Nordeman, 2007
- - Brave, 2005
- - Live at the Door, 2003
- - Woven & Spun, 2002
- - This Mystery, 2000
- - Wdie Eyed, 1998
Nichole Nordeman Dove Awards:
- - 2006 - Special Event Album of the Year - Music Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
- - 2003 - Song of the Year - "Holy"
- - 2003 - Songwriter of the Year
- - 2003 - Female Vocalist of the Year
- - 2003 - Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year - Woven & Spun
- - 2003 - Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year - "Holy"
- - 2003 - Special Event Album of the Year - City On A Hill-Sing Alleluia
- - 2001 - Female Vocalist of the Year
Essential Nichole Nordeman
Nichole Nordeman Online