Matt Redman, known to the world as one of the most popular praise and worship leaders and songwriters of the 21st century, was born on February 14, 1974 in Chorleywood, England.
Signed to sixstepsrecord/EMI, Redman is a fixture at Passion events.
Married to Beth in 1998, the couple have five children: Maisey, Noah, Rocco, Jackson and Levi.
- "With a new church, you’re very mindful of the un-churched coming in. So you have to find ways to not water down your faith but to be lyrically as accessible as possible. That’s an endless challenge. It makes me always want to keep the cross front and center."
- "The best thing that you can do with your music is bring it to God as a worship offering, there are a lot of other good things that you can do with music, but that has to be the best." (from an interview with cmusicweb.com
- "There has to come a time when we worship with a price, when we put into action that living sacrifice." (from an interview with cbn.com
Matt Redman Trivia
- Matt began leading worship at age 20 at St. Andrews Church, in Chorleywood, England.
- He has had ten songs on the Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI) Top 500 Chart at one time. This means that tens of millions of believers sing his songs at their churches.
- His song, "10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)," spent 16 weeks at #1 on Christian Radio in 2012.