Mark Schultz was born Mark Mitchell Schultz on September 16, 1970 in Colby, Kansas. He was adopted when he was two weeks old.
After spending 11 years with Word Records, Mark moved to Fair Trade Services in 2012.
Married to Kate in 2005, the couple welcomed their first child, a son named Ryan Samuel, in 2012.
Mark Schutlz Notable Quotes:
- - "I’m realizing from being adopted to writing these songs, man, it wasn’t my life to begin with being here. These songs, I can’t claim any of them and say they’re mine. I can’t. It’s a gift from being born to getting the parents that I got to the songs that God gives me. I just feel like they’re borrowed. And I’m grateful for them." (from an interview with CBN)
- - "I’m a big approval seeker. Like, I would rather not have any conflict at all. I would just rather people just like me and be really happy with me. That’s a hard way to live your life." (from an interview with Family Christian)
- - "'Happiness' comes from the word 'happenstance' or 'circumstance.' So if you are in good circumstances, you feel happy. Joy, on the other hand, is different than happiness; because it is what God promises in any circumstance for us. To tap into the joy of Christ has been awesome for me. It is deeper, more satisfying, and more grounded." (from an interview with Jesus Freak Hideout)
Mark Schutlz Trivia
- - Schultz was adopted and he has a special place in his heart for children without a family of their own. In 2011, he and his wife started the non-profit Remember Me Mission - an organization dedicated to providing healthcare and education for orphans around the world.
- - His song, "Letters from War," was picked to be the official song of the U.S. Army's "Be Safe—Make It Home" campaign in 2004.
- - His song, "Haven’t Met You Met," was written to his son when his wife was pregnant.
- - He only writes at "The Chapel," - the music room at First Presbyterian Church in Nashville.
- - One of his favorite sandwiches from childhood is one his grandfather taught him how to make - peanut butter and jelly with a slice of ham.
Mark Schutlz Discography:
- - All Things Possible, 2012
- - Renaissance, 2011
- - The Best of Mark Schultz, 2011
- - Come Alive, 2009
- - Broken & Beautiful, 2006
- - Live: A Night of Stories and Songs, 2005 (CD/DVD)
- - Stories and Songs, 2003
- - Song Cinema, 2001
- - Mark Schultz, 2000
Mark Schutlz Dove Awards:
- - 2006 - Long From Music Video of the Year - A Night of Stories and Songs
Mark Schutlz Online