Michael W. Smith 'Hymns' Album Released Through Cracker Barrel Debuts at No. 2 on Contemporary Charts
Michael W. Smith's new album Hymns made a strong debut on Nielsen SoundScan's Top Current Contemporary Christian Album Chart at No. 2 (week of March 30th). The album also debuted at No. 25 on Nielsen SoundScan's Top Current Albums Chart. Smith partnered with Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® exclusive music program and the album can be purchased exclusively at all 626 Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® locations and at their official website HERE. Hymns was produced by Kyle Lee and Jim Daneker, with track no. 15 produced by Smith. The album's executive producers are Greg Ham and Chaz Corzine.
"I've wanted to do an album of hymns for as long as I can remember," said Smith. "When we started talking with Cracker Barrel, I knew it was the right time for this project. I'm really excited about it. These are great, timeless songs that I have always loved to sing."
"Michael's Hymns album is beautiful album of classic hymns and makes a great addition to the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store exclusive music program," said Cracker Barrel Marketing Manager Julie Craig. "We are thrilled to work with Michael and we know our guests will enjoy this CD."
Hymns contains 15 classic Christian songs, many of which Smith grew up singing in church with his family. Songs include such timeless Hymns as "Great is Thy Faithfulness," "How Great Thou Art," "It Is Well," "Old Rugged Cross," and more. The album retails for $11.99.
Michael W. Smith's new album Sovereign is set to release on May 13, 2014. He released the first single "You Won't Let Go" in March. Smith has sold more than 15 million albums, achieved 28 No. 1 songs, earned three GRAMMY Awards, one American Music Award, and more than 40 Dove Awards.
1. "The Old Rugged Cross" (written by George Bennard)
2. "My Jesus, I Love Thee" (written by William R. Featherston)
3. "Were You There" (written by C. Winfred Douglas)
4. "Victory in Jesus" (written by E.M. Bartlett)
5. "How Great Thou Art" (written by Stuart K. Hine)
6. "Just As I Am" (written by Charlotte Elliott)
7. "Near the Cross" (written by Fanny Crosby)
8. "It is Well" (written by Horatio Spafford)
9. "Softly and Tenderly" (written by Will L. Thompson)
10. "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" (written by Isaac Watts)
11. "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" (written by Joseph M Scriven)
12. "Wonderful, Merciful Savior" (written by Dawn Rodgers and Eric Wyse)
13. "Great is Thy Faithfulness" (written by Thomas O.Chisholm and William M. Runyan)
14. "God of Our Fathers" (written by Daniel C. Roberts)
15. "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" (written by Peter C. Lutkin)