News

Perez Hilton Remains In Inpatient Treatment As Family Makes Major Move With His Website


Published: Aug 18, 2026 02:45 AM EDT

Perez Hilton remains hospitalized and is now receiving inpatient treatment, while his family is making sure the celebrity blogger's media empire keeps moving even without him.

In a new update posted to PerezHilton.com, Hilton's family confirmed that the longtime entertainment personality remains under the supervision of medical and mental health professionals following the frightening Aug. 4 incident that led to his hospitalization.

"Perez remains hospitalized and is receiving the medical care he needs," the family said, adding that his treatment is continuing in an inpatient setting with a dedicated professional team.

The update comes after Hilton was hospitalized following an incident in which authorities responded to reports that he was livestreaming acts of self-harm on TikTok. According to an incident report cited by Rolling Stone, first responders treated Hilton for multiple injuries and an overdose before transporting him to a hospital.

Days later, his family revealed that Hilton was in "serious but stable" condition and had suffered significant blood loss, with additional injuries expected to require surgery.

But perhaps the most surprising part of the latest update is what is happening with the business Hilton built more than two decades ago.

PerezHilton.com is coming back to life - even while Perez himself remains hospitalized.

His family announced that Hilton's professional team will begin publishing stories on the celebrity news site again this week.

"Perez built PerezHilton.com more than 20 years ago, and it has remained one of the most important parts of his life ever since," the family explained.

For longtime celebrity-news followers, the move is significant. Hilton turned his website into one of the defining celebrity-gossip destinations of the 2000s, building an entire public persona around breaking news, outrageous commentary and Hollywood drama.

Now, while the man behind the brand concentrates on his recovery, his team will effectively keep the lights on.

"For now, Perez's health remains the priority as his team keeps the site active and moving forward," his family said.

Hilton's sister, Barbara Lavandeira, has also spoken publicly about the difficult period leading up to his hospitalization. According to Rolling Stone, a police report said she told authorities her brother had been struggling in the week before the incident and that the family had already sought treatment for him.

Lavandeira later told Page Six that Hilton had described feeling "empty" and "hopeless" in the days before his hospitalization.

For someone who has spent more than 20 years reporting virtually every twist and turn in other celebrities' lives, Hilton suddenly finds himself at the center of a deeply personal story of his own.

And this time, his family is making one thing clear: the gossip website may be returning, but Perez's recovery comes first.